Re: Define/change the range of "supportedProperties" (ISSUE-37)

On 02/14/2014 11:17 AM, Ruben Verborgh wrote:
>> Just to prevent misunderstandings: you propose to make supportedProperties mandatory for classes?
> I'm not sure if I understand correctly what you mean by "classes",
> but I do want to make the use of the current SupportedProperty mandatory;
> that is, not allow both rdf:Property and hydra:SupportedProperty instances
> as values of supportedProperty.

Sorry that was lousily described but I meant what you said.

>> I don't like that because I think we need to allow for other strategies than the explicit enumeration
>> of supported properties on classes.
> I do agree with this statement;
> I probably did misunderstand "classes" then above;

So this point is valid I think. If we make it "mandatory" then
we force API providers to re-enumerate properties -- I don't like this.

>> Even if it would be mandatory, why do you want to get rid of the term 'property'?
> Because a SupportedProperty is not a Property.
> That's confusing.

Ok, you mean it's rather a proxy than the property itself?