Re: terminology/necessity of hydra:required

On 2/10/14 5:30 AM, Ruben Verborgh wrote:
>> >Initially, I wasn't a big fan of that either but Sam convinced me that in a
>> >lot of cases it helps to drastically simplify the required markup.
> It does simplify.
> …but is simplification the most important goal here?
> It gets the model really messy and inexact.
> Is the trade-off worth it?
No!

As you know, there is a world of difference between "simply simple" and
"deceptively simple". The World Wide Web is built on the "deceptively
simple" principle. Thus, when designing Web technology this basic
principle must be maintained.

For anyone seeking to understand the consequence of layering a "simply
simple" layer atop the Web, just look at the disaster known as Web 2.0!

RDF statements are meaningful, by design (i.e, via RDF model theory).

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen
Founder & CEO