Re: Singularization of properties and its consequences (ISSUE-25, ISSUE-27 & ISSUE-28)

On 2/6/14 11:46 AM, Markus Lanthaler wrote:
> Schema.org typically adds a "Type" at the end. They have, e.g., an
> "eventStatus" property which points to an "EventStatusType". I don't
> particularly like that because it looks quite ugly, especially if you use
> Turtle's "a":
>
>     _:something a EventStatusType .
>     <docu> a ApiDocumentationType .
>
> It is, however not an even status*type*  or API documentation*type*  but an
> instance thereof.
>
> I would like to hear a couple of more opinions but I'm leaning towards
> keeping the properties and the types the same (apart from their
> capitalization). Is there someone who can't live with that?
CamelCase is good and pretty much a standard pattern. Thus, for denoting
Classes any of the following is fine:

. :ApiDocumentationType
. :ApiDocumentation   -- I prefer this one, as the "Type" is overkill re. RDF Classes

For denoting statement predicates/properties any of the following is fine:

. :isPartOf -- is fine, we just need these to be lowercase, as per established patters.

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen
Founder & CEO