Re: ISSUE-32: Should hydra:returns and hydra:statusCodes be removed to avoid tight coupling?

On 2/4/14 11:49 AM, Markus Lanthaler wrote:
> On Tuesday, February 04, 2014 5:23 PM, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>> On 2/4/14 10:39 AM, Markus Lanthaler wrote:
>>> OK, this is the second thread. This one is trying to find an answer
>>> to the following question:
>>>
>>>     "Should hydra:returns and hydra:statusCodes be removed to avoid
>> tight coupling?" - ISSUE-32
>>
>> It is also much easier if you use full URIs instead of prefixes. Then
>> you can state:
>>
>> "Should <http://www.w3.org/ns/hydra/core#returns> and
>> <http://www.w3.org/ns/hydra/core#statusCodes> be removed to avoid tight
>> coupling?" - ISSUE-32.
>>
>> I am then just a click away (no visits to prefix.cc etc..) from de-
>> referencing the description of what those URIs denote.
> Sure, I could have done that. But that would result in a rather unwieldy
> issue title.

That's the fundamental misconception I am trying to refute. You are
inadvertently claiming that its better to have a pretty prefixed entity
denotation than to have one that the reader (who is using some kind of
HTTP  user agent) can simply lookup by a single click action.

>> BTW -- what system is actually being used for issue tracking? Is it a
>> W3C issue tracker of Github issue tracker ?
> It's GitHub:
>
>    https://github.com/HydraCG/Specifications/issues
>
> I used to also always post the link but since no new people joint recently I
> thought that's overkill.
>   I can do that again in future if it helps people.

It will, of course :-)

> That being said, I would prefer if the majority of the discussion happens on
> the list and not on the issue tracker.

Yes, but by having HTTP URIs (based on Linked Data principles) for these
issues, one can just lookup to establish context [1][2][3][4] .

Links:

[1]
http://kingsley.idehen.net/describe/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkingsley.idehen.net%2Fabout%2Fid%2Fentity%2Fhttp%2Fgithub.com%2FHydraCG%2FSpecifications%2Fissues%23issue_26887150

[2]