RE: More Thoughts on Links and Operation Subclasses

On Monday, February 03, 2014 11:13 PM, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> On 2/3/14 4:15 PM, Markus Lanthaler wrote:
Clients have

> >> This is where TURTLE is your friend. The narrative is more readable in
> >> TURTLE that it will ever be in JSON-LD.
> >
> > Sorry, but I don't see how this is relevant in this context.
>
> It is utterly relevant. Do you want this stuff to be readable or not?

What I was trying to understand is how the serialization format is relevant
to the fact that return type of a hydra:Operation has to be considered as a
hint rather than a contract. Sorry, I still can see it.

> >> I encourage you to discuss in TURTLE so that more folks get involved in
> >> these discussions.
> >
> > Yep.. Ruben will convert the examples to Turtle and we will probably
include
> > both versions in the spec eventually.
>
> Good!
>
> We don't need a TURTLE vs JSON-LD vs any other notation distraction re.
> Hydra. Let's focus on the entity types and relation types that
> constitute the vocabulary in question.

Amen :-) I thought that was what the discussion was about up to your mail...
but perhaps I also just missed the point you tried to get across. As you may
have noticed, I always reply in the same syntax as was used in the original
message. So even if the spec is still JSON-LD only, I really don't care much
about syntaxes. For some people JSON-LD works better, for others Turtle.

> Examples should be printed in
> TURTLE for broad and productive participation (assuming that is an
> actual goal).

I know you would prefer if the examples in the spec would be written in
Turtle. Ruben feels similarly and volunteered a while ago to convert them.
All of us are quite busy so if there's something you would like to get
changed quickly, the easiest way is to file a pull request. Don't get me
wrong but, as you stated yourself above, these discussions are quite a
distraction. I want them to get out of the way but also my day has just 24
hours.