Re: More Thoughts on Links and Operation Subclasses

On 2/3/14 3:19 PM, Markus Lanthaler wrote:
> I think the biggest problem is how this stuff is documented and the fact
> that people won't read it:-)  It's not a contract. It's a hint. Clients have
> to interpret the response in any case. Some will be more tolerant, some will
> break when they don't get back what they expected. That's similar to how
> people often run into troubles when parts of a website get redesigned and
> "nothing works anymore" because it looks different or they have to take
> different paths.

This is where TURTLE is your friend. The narrative is more readable in
TURTLE that it will ever be in JSON-LD.

JSON-LD is for the coders that don't want to make a TURTLE parser etc..
But, to write good code you really have to understand what exactly you
are doing.

I encourage you to discuss in TURTLE so that more folks get involved in
these discussions. I make this comment because there was a nice series
of points from 'John Yaya' that kinda got lost in the JSON-LD examples
he made. More folks would zone in if those examples are the more
readable TURTLE :-)

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen