RE: Use of schema.org with hydra

Hi Dietrich ,

On 24 Aug 2014 at 08:58, Dietrich Schulten wrote:
> I want to mix Hydra with schema.org. I found that there is potential
> for collisions and I am unsure how to solve them.
>
> {
> "@context": [
>     "http://www.w3.org/ns/hydra/context.jsonld",
>     {
>       "@vocab" : "http://schema.org/"

You can add an explicit mapping for description here:

          "description": "http://schema.org/description"

>     }
>   ],
>   "@type": "Movie",
>   "description": "Jack Sparrow and Barbossa embark on a quest",
>   "name": "Pirates of the Carribean",
>   "operation": [
>     {
>       "@type": "DeleteResourceOperation",
>       "method": "DELETE"
>     }
>   ]
> }

[...]

> IOW, hydra has hijacked the description attribute.
>
> Would the solution be not to define
> "http://www.w3.org/ns/hydra/context.jsonld" in the context, but only a
> term hydra and apply hydra: to every single hydra term?

That would be an alternative solution, yeah. The downside is that you end up
having all those colons in your terms that make it more difficult to work
with the data (e.g. JavaScript's dot notation breaks can't be used anymore).

> If so, is it possible to point to hydra's external context file when
> mixing with schema.org?

If you use the hydra prefix, there's no need to point to Hydra's context.
You could also define a context which defines Hydra's terms in another form
to reduce the likelihood of collisions.. something like hydraDescription or
even _description.

HTH,