Re: Core Vocabulary diagram might be confusing

On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 4:46 PM, Markus Lanthaler
<markus.lanthaler@gmx.net> wrote:
> On 25 Aug 2014 at 15:01, Andreas Kuckartz wrote:
>> Some time ago I also stated that this graphic does not really help to
>> clarify relations.
>>
>> There does not seem to be any consistent rule why an object is to the
>> top or bottom or to the left or right of another object.
>>
>> But I do not have a better graphic at hand.
>
> Yep, I remember. If it is confusing and we don't have anything better, we
> can also simply remove it.

As I reported in a previous email thread
(http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-hydra/2014Jun/0069.html),
I find the diagram to be very helpful. I don't ascribe much to the
position of the diagram's elements and instead I simply follow its
structure, which may explain why it left me unconfused and was helpful
in understanding Hydra. I admit though that I may not be a typical
viewer of the diagram, as I'm fairly used to UML-class-like diagrams
in RDF vocabularies and ontologies.

I think the critique of the diagram as confusing is too vague to
produce an improvement. What in particular is confusing about this
diagram?

Best,

Jindřich

--