RE: "Plain JSON" vs Hydra

On 5 Aug 2014 at 21:03, Dimitri van Hees wrote:
>>> Besides the design process takes more time (which links and vocabularies
>>> are we going to use) while we'd like to use rapid development to get
>>> the API 'out there' to convince people to use it.
>>
>>  General note here: hypermedia and "semantics" are about long-term
>> evolvability. They only make sense if you look at them that way.
>
>  I agree. So it makes even more sense to start with a simple
> conversion from, let's say, CSV to a RESTful JSON API to see if
> people like your data at all so it's worth the investment of making
> it 'linked' ;-)

Don't underestimate the power of hypermedia though. A simple JSON based Web
API doesn't have that many advantages over a CSV file apart from looking
cooler to most people. Having something that people can immediately interact
with is very powerful to convince people.

I don't know how your process looks like and what your clients expect. Do
you write documentation for those JSON-based APIs? Do you provide clients in
the form of SKDS, libraries or API consoles to access them as well?