Re: ISSUE-66: LinkedData™

On 08/04/2014 04:49 PM, Erik Wilde wrote:
> hello.
>
> i raised this issue on github, but then markus pointed out that
> discussions should be on the mailing list, and not on github. so here's
> the issue:
>
> https://github.com/HydraCG/Specifications/issues/66
>
> since i have a lot of people asking this question, i am wondering if it
> would be helpful (and appropriate) to specifically define linked data as
> the RDF flavor

Yes, because that's what it is.  This question was discussed to death a
while back, and finally laid to rest by the official publication of the
W3C Linked Data Glossary:
http://www.w3.org/TR/ld-glossary/#linked-data

In this community, use of the term "linked data" to mean anything other
than RDF will create unnecessary confusion and be a disservice to the
community.

Thanks,
David