Re: relate a Collection and a PagedCollection

On Apr 15, 2014, at 2:44 AM, Ruben Verborgh <ruben.verborgh@ugent.be> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> How do I express the relation between a Collection and a PagedCollection?
> Example:
>    <http://example.org/foo#dataset> a hydra:Collection.
>    <http://example.org/foo?page=1> a hydra:PagedCollection;
>        hydra:firstPage <http://example.org/foo?page=1>;
>        hydra:nextPage <http://example.org/foo?page=2>.
>
> I need to say that the first is a paged version of the second.
> That way, a client can know how to retrieve pages of the collection.

My thought was that the API would define results as being a type of Collection. Based on server-specific logic, it could then return a PagedCollection via redirect if necessary. After getting the first page back, the client would have sufficient information to page through the collection.