Re: Request SVG review of HTML5.3

On 08/06/2018 22:55, Bogdan Brinza wrote:
> Hi Leonie,
>
> Thank you for reaching out. We couldn't make the deadline, but on the most recent call had a chance to discuss this: https://www.w3.org/2018/06/04-svg-minutes.html#item02
No problem, thank you for finding the time. As it turns out, we've
decided to push out our timetable in any case.

> We'd still like to capture our feedback.
>
> Currently SVG 2.0 Editor's Draft takes reference to HTML Living Standard - https://svgwg.org/svg2-draft/refs.html#NormativeReferences and that is a requirement for us we have a dependency on the few recent changes made in that version (mixins), informed by the web browsers interoperability today.
>
> Per our call minutes we won't be able to change that dependency as we really need those changes to reflect the state of the web.

We have an open PR to add the mixins to HTML5.3:
https://github.com/w3c/html/pull/1489

It's part of an effort to identify and minimise technical deltas between
the HTML5.3 specification and the HTML standard. Review from someone in
the SVG WG would be welcome - perhaps Amelia as she filed the original
issue?

Thanks again for your help.
Léonie.

--