Minutes [was:Re: Agenda Tuesday 17 July HTML meeting]

Record of this week's call is available at
https://www.w3.org/2018/07/17-html-minutes.html

also in plain text as

HTML meeting
Attendees
Present
Chaals, Xiaoqian, Scott, Sangwhan on IRC
Regrets
Léonie, Patricia
Chair
chaals
Scribe
xiaoqian_
Contents
Topics
Sharing out issues
Spec deltas
WHATWG collaboration?
Other Business?
chaals: very low progress last week
... Scott_O took over an issue from me
... will need to make more progress when people come back
... I'll review the issues from Scott_O

Sharing out issues
chaals: I'll need to re-assign some issues

<chaals> HTML5.3+WD5 issues for the current milestone

chaals: #1499 assign to Scott_O
... #1229 to bruce
... #970 to xiaoqian_
... #935 to xiaoqian_ too
... expect to close the Ruby issue this week, mostly editorial

Scott_O: not too much time this week, but will try my best

Spec deltas
<chaals> Remove sentences about documents with no focusable area

Scott_O: This seems like it may have some affect on the focusing of
dialog elements, from my initial read. I opened issue 1516 to check.

WHATWG collaboration?
chaals: Please continue to raise issues in wwg repo where thhere are
differences, and please actively provide feedback to chairs on how those
issues are treated. FWIW my experience so far has most typically been
"not a lot happens" :S. Otherwise the main question is are we going to
push the 5.3 as a REC
... my preference to continue the plan
... please give me feedback within this month
... this will help us as co-chairs of the group to give feedback to the
the AB members

Scott_O: would like to continue working on our spec until there is an
agreement on the table

chaals CMN: There is the dialog focus issue, where it seems to me that
PLH and Domenic think everyone else is wrong
... for a fairly large set of everyone else including implementations of
dialogs in many environments

<chaals> ... (wwg #1929)

Other business?
Scott_O: when new issues come in, should we add it to the milestone?

chaals: if you are available for that issue, please feel free to do so

<chaals> [adjourned]