Re: inputmode attribute

Correct. Fields viewed on mobile should be able to give hints about which
keyboard to use, without forcing the datatype.
Mobile could use the hinted keyboard as default, but still give the user a
way to switch the layout.

The problem is basically that "there are no current way using a numeric pad
on keyboard, without giving (often) too much constraints on the field."

The spec contains all sorts of things nowadays, but it feels like the some
of the most basics have been forgotten :)