Re: Is the design of <dl> tag flawed?

On 24 November 2016 at 10:42, Ian Yang <ian.html@gmail.com> wrote:

> We have had many elements and attributes deprecated, and we also have had
> many new elements and new attributes introduced. Since user agents have
> been able to accommodate for so many changes, it seems to me that they are
> well capable of accommodating for one or two more.

What you are proposing is a non backwards compatible change in the existing
parsing/ rendered styles of several elements. It's much easier (though
still difficult) to get implementers to change parser behaviour for new
elements. It's nigh on impossible to get them to change current behaviour
for legacy reasons.

If you feel strongly that your proposal is worthwhile, you need to get
implementers interested, The WICG is the place for raising new HTML
features or substantial change to existing features.
https://discourse.wicg.io/

All browser implementers are involved there.

--

Regards

SteveF
Current Standards Work @W3C