Re: Should mouse events be triggered on ancestors of disabled elements?

On 1/3/16 12:05 PM, Sebastian Zartner wrote:
> The event is dispatched on the disabled form element with the disabled
> form element as target.

OK.  So we're talking about a fundamental change to the core DOM event
dispatch algorithm here, right?

> Firefox only triggers mousemove, mouseover and mouseout events.

And mouseenter, mouseleave, and the equivalent pointer events.  Further,
Firefox triggers event listeners for those on all the elements involved,
including the disabled form control, not just on ancestors right?

As in, Firefox doesn't change the core DOM event dispatch algorithm; it
simply doesn't fire some events in some cases in which one might expect
them to fire.

> Chrome and Opera trigger all events except mouseenter and mouseleave,
> though not on <button>, <input type="radio"> and <input
> type="checkbox"> elements.
> Internet Explorer triggers all events.
> Edge triggers no events at all. (looks like this has changed since my last mail)

Given the inaccurate description of the Firefox behavior above, I'd
really like to understand precisely what the behaviors of those browsers
actually are...

-Boris