Re: Please comment: Modular HTML or monolith? (esp. regarding Web Components)

I also support a modular approach.

The reality is that web development is already 'modular', in that a single
technology alone cannot create a modern site or app. Developers are used to
using multiple sources of documentation.

Smaller, more focused specifications would, I believe, encourage more
people to read the documents, a single monolithic specification would do
the opposite.

As has been pointed out, a good index and versioning system will be
important, but that's already the case for the supporting documentation
around existing specifications.

Ian.