From: Steve Faulkner [mailto:faulkner.steve@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, May 4, 2015 9:54 AM
To: HTMLWG WG; Cynthia Shelly; W3C WAI Protocols & Formats
Subject: [HTML-AAM] lang attributes exposed via acc APIs

I have been looking at how the HTML lang attribute is exposed in acc APIs

in IA2/APK it is exposed by the 'language' text-attribute object
in OSX AX it is exposed via the AXLanguage property

So Firefox on windows/linux does expose
Safari on OSX does (and presumably iOS)

IE/Edge does not
Chrome does not

the implementation details for chrome are clear, but not for IE/Edge

Does UIA expose the lang attribute?

note:
I have filed a bug on chrome/OSX as it doesn't expose lang currently

It does not expose on windows either, but have learned that implementation of Ia2 text attributes in chrome is going to happen
https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/forum/#!topic/chromium-accessibility/YTlaYKzaiXc

--

Regards

SteveF