Re: Form element dependencies

On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 12:17 PM, Sis Bluesteel <sisbluesteel@aol.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> With HTML5 form validation comes a possibility to validate user written data
> without any server intervention (Before actually sending the whole form
> data) or custom client-side scripting. However, currently there is no
> predefined functionality in the markup or Javascript for form element
> dependencies. And with 'dependencies', I mean an element's
> validity/availability being triggered by another element's validity. Has
> this been considered at any point?
>
> Please redirect me to the right mailing list if this not the right place for
> this kind of discussion.
>
> Cheers,

There is the "Constraint Validation API" which models the validity of
inputs based on their settings:

http://www.w3.org/html/wg/drafts/html/master/#the-constraint-validation-api

The method to use for dependencies would be to check another input's
validity as part of the dependent input's checks.

Thanks,
Cameron Jones