Re: Add support to ActionScript in HTML

The HTML specification does not mandate any particular script language.
Indeed, it does not require support for Javascript (aka ECMAScript). It is
up to the user agent (browser) vendor to decide what to support in the way
of scripting language, styling language, image formats, etc. So this is the
wrong forum for such a suggestion. You need to convince browser vendors to
support ActionScript. However, you should keep in mind that they are market
driven, and unless you can persuade them to add such a feature, they won't.
I'd say the chance they might support ActionScript is less than zero. Just
learn to love Javascript like the rest of us... (blech).

As for names. Names are funny things, often having to do with historical
legacy. While I agree that it keeps authors guessing, especially those that
author directly in HTML, you are just going to have to bear with this state
of affairs until HTML itself bites the dust.

Cheers,
Glenn