Re: <details> longer description of <label> screenreader?

On Thu, 10 Dec 2015 20:50:05 +1000, Angie Radtke <a.radtke@derauftritt.de>
wrote:

> Hi Leonie,
> one understanding problem I have
>
> Am 10.12.2015 um 11:25 schrieb LĂ©onie Watson:
>> <summary role="group">
>> <details role="button" tabindex="0" aria-expanded="false">Properties of
>> a dog</details>
>> </details>
>
> I thought summary is a child of details?

yup. As Steve did in the full example he gave, you also need to polyfill
the widget so it works on browsers that don't implement details/summary
yet, like Firefox and IE.

I had been thinking along a different line, of wrapping the whole
details/summary inside the label.

Which runs into the question of what happens when you put an interactive
element into a label, since the label is itself meant to be an interactive
element. This is like trying to embed links inside each other, which HTML
doesn't allow as its way of avoiding that question :)

I'm not sure if it is worth pursuing because of the UI complexity. It
would make sense for authors, but it might not be feasible to do it so
users understand what is happening.

cheers