Re: Headers Are Confusing in HTML5

On 01.12.15 19:33, Steve Faulkner wrote:
> you could also use:
> <header role="group">

This would be a good solution for me. Does that mean that setting
role="group" overwrites the implied banner role?

Unfortunately I got an error (and a warning) when testing this with
https://validator.w3.org/:

Info: The Content-Type was text/html. Using the HTML parser.

Info: Using the schema for HTML with SVG 1.1, MathML 3.0, RDFa 1.1, and
ITS 2.0 support.

Error: Bad value group for attribute role on element header.
>From line 4, column 1; to line 4, column 21
t</title>↩<header role="group">↩<h1>T

Warning: Element header does not need a role attribute.
>From line 4, column 1; to line 4, column 21
t</title>↩<header role="group">↩<h1>T

Is the validator wrong?

Thanks