Re: After 5

On 16/09/2014 14:03, Robin Berjon wrote:

> # We can change pretty much everything
> # Unhappiness is not a fatality
> # Developers
> # Doing more than talking

It may sound a little bit disruptive but I think the way the CSS
Working Group works and operates is worth looking at...

- we don't have one main spec of 1000 pages, we have modules
- most of our modules are lightweight
- there is no such thing as CSS 3 or CSS 4
- we don't have a strong process like the HTML WG
- the Chairs are only chairing, not leading, and they very, very
  rarely enforce rules
- we moved between 2008 and now from 30 members (10 active)
  and 30 specs to ~100 (~30 active) and 65+ specs
- www-style is still a good contact point with the community, it's
  in fact often a hiring pool...
- pragmatism-over-process is a core value of the CSS WG

</Daniel>