RE: Proposal: move accessibility implementation requirements from HTML to HTML acc mappings spec

From: Steve Faulkner [mailto:faulkner.steve@gmail.com]

> Answering this specific comment at this time, If you have a look at http://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/html-aam/html-aam.html, where available the ARIA abstraction of a role/state or property is listed. acc implementation engineers need to know what acc platform APIs HTML feature x maps to. Thats what is used in  the browser, not ARIA abstractions
>
> The acc mapping spec has buy in from browser acc implementers and they are involved in its development, so I am a little unclear what the concern is?

Well, it seems we have two camps of implementers here: those you mention, working on the accessibility side, and ones like me, working on the project of explaining the platform. At least on the level you outline, I guess our approaches are currently in conflict, if they think the mapping should be directly from HTML to platform APIs, whereas I would prefer a platform-independent abstraction layer.

I'll try to confer with Chrome's accessibility engineers and see if we can get our stories straight :).