Re: Proposal: move accessibility implementation requirements from HTML to HTML acc mappings spec

On 2 September 2014 13:40, Domenic Denicola <domenic@domenicdenicola.com>
wrote:

> This proposal worries me, since it means expressing HTML's accessibility
> semantics not in terms of ARIA, but instead directly in terms of platform
> APIs.

Answering this specific comment at this time, If you have a look at
http://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/html-aam/html-aam.html, where available
the ARIA abstraction of a role/state or property is listed. acc
implementation engineers need to know what acc platform APIs HTML feature x
maps to. Thats what is used in  the browser, not ARIA abstractions

The acc mapping spec has buy in from browser acc implementers and they are
involved in its development, so I am a little unclear what the concern is?

--

Regards

SteveF