After HTML 5 / future work

From: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 18:27:04 -0400
To: "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>
Snapshot of the following etherpad page used to capture brainstorming
from the TPAC F2F:

https://etherpad.mozilla.org/U16aQP4aQB

---

(needs context - what is the context of this document? group? date?
time? why? )
Modularization ideas
* contentEditable = typing | plaintext
* Authoring conformance / "HTML for Web developers"? [or are these
different?]
* Usage of alt
* ARIA mapping
* Outline API
* Tri-state control
* Participation in form submission
* timezone attribute
* computedRole
* scoped tabindex
* locale-affected form controls (calendar, number...)
* canvas-proxy
* refactoring to work with Fetch
* JSON forms
Failed CR / pushed-off Items
* DataCue
* Drag and drop
* datetime, month, week, datetime-local input
* menu/menuitem elements
* style scoped
* iframe seamless
* showModalDialog (?)
* commands API
* forceSpellCheck()
* reportValidity()
* requestAutocomplete()
* contextmenu
* BroadcastChannel
* (hgroup?)
* isPointInStroke
* autocomplete="cc-type" et al
* fillRule on canvas 2d context
* document.currentScript
* screen.canvasResolution
* PortCollection
* canvas.supportsContext
* fastSeek() on audio/video
* ping attribute (WE DON'T WANT THAT :)
* inputmode (partially leftover as a bug but not there)
* details/summary elements
* dialog element
* picture element/srcset (which we could publish straight from its source :)
* table sorting
* lots of bug fixes
Other items/groups ... from other WG specs, not listed above -- and we
need to update the landscape document (from June), then have definitive
list -- and provide rationale, difference, additions <- what paulc is
looking for.
Things to check:
Impact of Scripting (ECMAScript)
Service worker