Re: Proposal to change documentation on tabindex to strongly discourage values greater 0

On 16/10/2014 14:09, Marco Zehe wrote:
> This is a proposal to declare tabIndex values > 0 invalid in the spec
> and the validator, or at least strongly advise against the use of
> positive integers values for this attribute.

I'd say making it invalid would be a non-starter, as that would
potentially make current and legacy websites invalid overnight, and
browsers are unlikely to remove support for that scenario for exactly
those reasons too.

A usage note in the spec, plus a warning in the validator, is probably
more realistic as an option.

Patrick H. Lauke