Re: HTML-a11y TF minutes for 10/09/2014

On Thu, 9 Oct 2014 11:06:01 -0700
"John Foliot" <john@foliot.ca> wrote:

> Steve Faulkner wrote:
>[...]
> It was not, and was never intended to be, a slight against the document or you
> as editor Steve - in fact your contributions and effort were again praised and
> noted on the call, if not captured in the minutes - my bad there.

+1 -- I also mentioned that I would expect that, in the event of becoming editor or co-editor, Steve's name would remain on the document in some form, e.g. "Former Editor" (to avoid confusion and so I get blamed for any recent errors :-) ). More than one person expressed similar sentiments.

I think the problem is that the context in which the current draft was written is not the context today (or in a few weeks from now). It's possible that a couple of short notes by a couple of the examples and an additional paragraph explaining the relationship of alt to longdesc 9and, ideally, title, because I know there's some confusion in that area) would satisfy my objection; I can't speak for others.

I should add that I've come into this late; I offered to help out with editing not in an attempt to remove you or "take over", and initially declined to be an editor fearing people might get that perception. Rather, I was asked to work on the boilerplate text (which is for the most part changing one line with Respec, as with xmlspec) but in doing so saw a wider context issue that the TF agreed we need to resolve.

Hope that helps,

Liam