Draft [URL] reference update to informative text

From: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2014 17:07:02 -0400
To: "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>
Based on feedback that the informative text preceding the [URL]
reference is incomplete, and that the informative text following the
[URL] reference is no longer accurate, the HTML WG chairs were tasked
with proposing a replacement.  We worked with W3C Management and staff,
and in particular want to thank Robin for his work on this effort.

The results can be found here:

http://dev.w3.org/html5/2014/10/url-ref.html

Note: At this point in the process, the document is out of the Working
Group's hands, but we can make recommendations.  As such

1) We are looking for technical feedback on the proposed informative text.

2) All other feedback should be sent to W3C Management, ideally through
your Advisory Council representative if you have one.

- Sam Ruby