Re: Protected media element sources

The tracks are accessible to JavaScript via the
audioTracks<http://www.w3.org/html/wg/drafts/html/master/embedded-content-0.html#audiotracks>,
videoTracks<http://www.w3.org/html/wg/drafts/html/master/embedded-content-0.html#videotracks>,
textTracks<http://www.w3.org/html/wg/drafts/html/master/embedded-content-0.html#texttracks>
attributes
on the HTMLMediaElement. I'm suggesting that an attribute could be added to
the AudioTrack<http://www.w3.org/html/wg/drafts/html/master/embedded-content-0.html#audiotrack>,
VideoTrack<http://www.w3.org/html/wg/drafts/html/master/embedded-content-0.html#videotrack>,
and TextTrack<http://www.w3.org/html/wg/drafts/html/master/embedded-content-0.html#texttrack>objects
that indicate the "protected" status of each track. It seems like
EME could define this extra attribute as an extension to these objects much
like the Media Source
Extensions<https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/html-media/raw-file/default/media-source/media-source.html#audio-track-extensions>
spec
adds a sourceBuffer attribute to these objects. The
public-html-media<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/>list
is probably a better venue to discuss such a change to EME though.

Aaron