Re: Navigator standard change proposal

On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 05:45:36PM +0000, Adrian Roselli wrote:
> [...]

It would make server logs nicer, if we had an imaginary world where UAs
didn't have to keep crappy old UA-strings for broken sites. I don't mean
for changing pages, but simply getting more informed about visitors'
UAs.

Front-end analytics and back-end logs are a nice combination. But I
agree that, since UA strings are already polluted due to web dev
misuse, that it's better to obsolete since it can never give
accurate information anymore anyway. The horses left the barn long
ago.

-Mallory