RE: Elements array and query/queryAll methods

From: Domenic Denicola <domenic@domenicdenicola.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2014 18:13:51 +0000
To: Dean Edwards <dean.edwards@gmail.com>
CC: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>, Travis Leithead <travis.leithead@microsoft.com>, Eric Devine <devineej@gmail.com>, "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>, "www-dom@w3.org" <www-dom@w3.org>
From: Dean Edwards <dean.edwards@gmail.com>

> First of all it's counter-intuitive to how I'd expect it to work - the idea stemmed from jQuery's find() method which does not return duplicates.

Hmm, perhaps I misunderstood---I thought you were talking about creating duplicates via `push` etc., but it sounds like you are worried about duplicates in the result of `queryAll`? If so, then yes, I agree there should not be duplicates in that result. It may be a mismatch between my "polyfill" (which was meant to be more illustrative than anything) versus the actual spec.