RE: Elements array and query/queryAll methods

From: Domenic Denicola <domenic@domenicdenicola.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2014 17:47:28 +0000
To: Dean Edwards <dean.edwards@gmail.com>, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
CC: Travis Leithead <travis.leithead@microsoft.com>, Eric Devine <devineej@gmail.com>, "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>, "www-dom@w3.org" <www-dom@w3.org>
From: Domenic Denicola <domenic@domenicdenicola.com>

> The spec covers this. They are ignored.

Apologies; this may not be accurate. I remember that being the consensus some time ago, and I think I remember reading spec text to that effect. But it seems either my memory is faulty or the spec has changed recently; I am no longer as familiar with the algorithms deployed for selector matching etc. in this area.

In any case, the two coherent options are either (a) ignore them; or (b) throw a TypeError, since they have no `querySelectorAll` (or [[QuerySelectorAll]]) method to call.