Re: is it necessary to disambiguate (using markup) inline notes,citations and original markup? [was] use of <mark> to denote notes in quoted text

Hi all,
I have added some advice and an example to the spec about source code of
quoted content.

Authors are encouraged to include the original HTML elements used in the
> source (if any) when quoting, this will preserve the *meaningful*semantics of the content. In cases where the source of the quote includes
> the footer or cite elements and these elements are also being used within
> a blockquote to identify citations, the elements from the quoted source
> should be commented out.
>

> In this example the source of a quote includes a cite element, which is
> commented out:

please review, feedback welcome

--

Regards