Re: is it necessary to disambiguate (using markup) inline notes,citations and original markup? [was] use of <mark> to denote notes in quoted text

Hi Jukka,

While I understand your argument, I think that in the majority of cases it
is neither practical nor necessary. And it is not something that should or
needs to be defined in the HTML spec. It is unfortunate that there is no
guidance for the quoting of online sources that covers this issue. I am
surprised there is not, as I would think these days the quoting/citing of
online sources is common place in academia.

--

Regards

SteveF