Re: is it necessary to disambiguate (using markup) inline notes,citations and original markup? [was] use of <mark> to denote notes in quoted text

Hi Leif,

Context would have mattered, but if I saw a <mark> within a quotation,
> I would have assumed that the text stemmed from the original source,
> and that the author of the current page had used <mark> to highlight an
> important passage within the quote.

OK that sounds reasonable

here the content of the element stems from and thus that
> there should be a *explicit* way for markup up that the content does
> not stem from the original quote. Since is is very common to edit
> quotes, such a thing ought to be quite useful.

OK, so you think we do need a markup method rather than just accepted
conventions such as []
but really it is only needed in the case where the original quote contains
notes no?

if <note> was added (for example) how would you disambiguate a <note>
element added by an author vs one in the original source quote?

--

Regards

SteveF