Re: JSON metadata cues?

On 10/22/2013 05:20 PM, Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:
> Would we need to specify the interface of the object that is returned?
> I.e. MPEG2TS returns a specific MPEG2TS object with an expected
> structure etc. ?
If we just expose the original data as binary, we might be able to avoid
standardizing anything new (but I'm not sure there's any reasonable way
to expose /part/ of an MPEG-TS stream). If we decide that exposing it as
JSON is reasonable, then we'd need to standardize the binary to JSON
transformation (which is looks like that WG is doing).

--------------050507060903010908020200

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
      wrote:<br>
cite="mid:CAHp8n2=Cm5A+8N03+sRFFT7FjrxOwY5m6rdtnkcb7jOK_tm+wA@mail.gmail.com"
      type="cite">Would we need to specify the interface of the object
      that is returned?
      I.e. MPEG2TS returns a specific MPEG2TS object with an expected
      structure etc. ?<br>
    If we just expose the original data as binary, we might be able to
    avoid standardizing anything new (but I'm not sure there's any
    reasonable way to expose <i>part</i> of an MPEG-TS stream). If we
    decide that exposing it as JSON is reasonable, then we'd need to
    standardize the binary to JSON transformation (which is looks like
    that WG is doing).<br>

--------------050507060903010908020200--