Re: Making all elements and attributes that contain hyphens valid

On 17.10.2013 10:50, Smylers wrote:
> But for an author just wanting to create a library and start using it,
> without having to perform any admin steps at all such as registering it,
> it's better for their attributes to be safely within data-* than
> polluting the global attribute namespace, and the spec should continue
> to advise that.
>
> And even for authors who would be willing to register, it should be
> pointed out that this isn't necessary if nothing other than your own
> library will ever be using the attributes.

That sounds reasonable. Am I right that we seem to agree that:

1. data-* attributes should be encouraged for inpage scripts and
Javascript libraries who are not yet widely recognized

2. prefix-* attributes should be encouraged when other tools then just
Javascript code is using attributes or when such attributes are used by
widely deployed Javascript library (like AngularJS)

3. Each prefix-* should be registered by some lightweight process (e.g.
Wiki page) -- What about prefixes defined solely in Web Componets?

4. For each registered prefix-* there should be available either
applicable specification, or documentation or it should have behaviour
defined using Web Components.

    Jirka