Re: 4.13.1 Bread crumb navigation - use of right angle brackets

On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 4:44 PM, Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>wrote:

> On 16 October 2013 16:38, Cameron Jones <cmhjones@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 4:24 PM, Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com
>> > wrote:

>>> which the text label/heading indicates  "you are here:" see the feedback
>>> from users here: http://davidmacd.com/test/breadcrumb.html
>>>

>> It seems like the jury is split based on that sample.
>>

> from the linked doc:

That's hardly unanimous.

There is typically a large margin for error in limited sample sizes. The
data suggests that there is also a large differentiator with regard to the
experience level.

But the survey is regarding the effect of markup, not necessarily the
semantic structure.

> >I'm not suggesting that there is no notification of separator, but that
> could be retained within the realm of a screen reader implementation
>
> its not just for screen readers

Who else is to benefit from the use of arrows in markup? I thought their
purpose was so they could be "read out"?

Thanks,
Cameron Jones