Re: 4.13.1 Bread crumb navigation - use of right angle brackets

On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 4:24 PM, Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>wrote:

> On 16 October 2013 16:19, Cameron Jones <cmhjones@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 4:13 PM, Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com
>> > wrote:

>>> ? the arrows have a meaning that meaning is conveyed regardless of
>>> style.
>>>

>> Only within the context of the set of breadcrumbs.
>>

> which the text label/heading indicates  "you are here:" see the feedback
> from users here: http://davidmacd.com/test/breadcrumb.html

It seems like the jury is split based on that sample.

>> If the set of breadcrumbs is already defined, then the arrows are noise.
>>

> actual user feedback on this point welcome

 I'm not suggesting that there is no notification of separator, but that
could be retained within the realm of a screen reader implementation than
requiring every website to include extraneous characters.

Thanks,
Cameron Jones