Re: 4.13.1 Bread crumb navigation - use of right angle brackets

2013-11-11 13:07, Steve Faulkner wrote:
> feedback from (AT) users appears to indicate that when there are links
> of lists its useful to have them marked up as a list.

I wonder what the specific issue is there. Which software is this about?
What is the difference, from the user perspective, between
just <a> elements with some separators, like “→”, between them? How much
does this matter, and why?

Any effect should be weighed against the obvious effect that in any
non-CSS rendering situation, the breadcrumb becomes a bulleted list. A
bulleted list indicates, in any normal usage, a simple list of items –
it does not indicate a hierarchy, rather lack thereof.

--
Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/