Re: proposal: subline element

From: Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 14:25:22 +0200
To: Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
Cc: HTMLWG WG <public-html@w3.org>
Steve Faulkner, Thu, 30 May 2013 10:15:19 +0100:

> Thinking more on it this markup pattern would fit:
>
> <header>
> <h1>Walking the path of a tornado
> <subline>A journey into the heart of a 17-mile storm</subline>
> </h1>
> May 29, 2013</time></subline>
> </header>

I think it is a great idea that <subline> could be used both inside and
outside heading elements! This would be a definitive advantage compared
with <hgroup>. (And I do think that <subline> needs to be perceived as
better than <hgroup> if is supposed to ’win’ the competition.)

> things that are missing from the spec sketch:
>
>  - default UA CSS for subline (aprt from display:block)

+1

>  - Related accessibility semantics (as I have suggested in other for,
> the semantics would need a new role/roles added to ARIA (as there are
> no platform API semantics for a subheading etc.),  which could then be
> used for default implicit semantics for a native html feature.

+1
--
leif halvard silli