Re: Microdata

On 20/05/2013 14:03 , Andreas Kuckartz wrote:
> Anyway: The inventor and former main proponent of "microdata" seems to
> be no longer active here and nobody else here seems to be very
> interested in continuing any work on it. Keeping it in HTML5 therefore
> would be the *worst* solution.

That's assuming that only Ian is interested in MD, and that all of the
people who might want it kept alive are in this group. I don't believe
that either of those is true.

> That schema.org promotes "Microdata" is something which should be
> adressed by those in charge of schema.org. Strangely they link to the
> "HTML Microdata Working Draft from 24 May 2011:
> http://dev.w3.org/html5/md-LC/
 > and not to the newer one from 25 October 2012:
 > http://www.w3.org/TR/microdata/

I think that that's just an oversight, links don't just update
themselves. I also doubt that those versions are very different.

> I just notived that a *very* recent Editor's Draft of that document is
> also available (20 May 2013):
> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/drafts/microdata/master/

Well yeah, that drafts gets generated every 10 minutes no matter what so
it's going to be new at all times.