Re: [RESEND] suggestion: modify <small> definition

fair enough, so how about the following

"The small element represents de-emphasised content"

On the topic of users who don't get the effect of smaller text:

To my knowledge <small> is the same as <span> for screen reader users, so
in a sense they are advantaged as the visual de-emphasis is not apparent

--

Regards

SteveF