Re: make links within an iframe replace the parent document

The seamless attribute was indeed created for this use case. It states:
"...seamless mode ...  will cause links to open in the parent browsing
context ..."

To avoid XSS issues, same-origin rules apply, so look at the details
of http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/embedded-content-0.html#attr-iframe-seamless
.

There is some help for using seamless or seamless replacements at
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4804604/html5-iframe-seamless-attribute
.

HTH,
Silvia.