Re: [suggestion] Another field type for HTML form inputs

Wow, slow down. <input type=number> isn't even implemented in all browsers yet.

Yes, we have to deal with a large number of problems left over from
HTML4's limited set of features, which people are fixing with JS libs
(because nothing else is possible right now). This is just one
example.

What you need is browser implementation.

I think allowing the @pattern attribute on <input type=number> is a
good approach. Please register a bug for it and we can move it along:
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/enter_bug.cgi

Thanks,
Silvia.