Re: using strong to indicate a title?

> Obviously subheadings are used frequently. So rather than tip to around
> alternatives, why not create one specifically for that purpose as we have
> done for so many other things? If group wasn't working for whatever reason
> (i personally thought it's implementation was fine) something does need to
> pop up to fill this use case, it's not rare.

we have a number of proposals sitting around:

* http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/hgroup <subline>
* http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/hSub <hsub>
* http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/OutlineMask outlinemask
attribute
* http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/hSub2 variation on <hsub>

anybody can work on progressing any of these proposals (suggest reading
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ExtensionHowTo) and I would encourage people
to do so, if they think the need for a dedicated element is that pressing,
although I would personally rather see people working on a feature for
footnotes (
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/drafts/html/master/common-idioms.html#footnotes)
:-)

--