Re: revisiting <hgroup> in HTML

From: Heydon Pickering <heydon@heydonworks.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 15:00:56 +0000
To: public-html@w3.org
I much prefer &lt;subline&gt; to the hgroup pattern, Steve.

However, I think "sub" is unecessarily restrictive, implying it should only
ever be "under" something (a heading?)

I'd like an element that lets me define a slogan / strapline / mission
statement which is not bound so much to context.

Something like &lt;figure&gt;, I guess, but more semantically specific. A
visual equivalent of meta description might be
a good model.

?