Re: Proposed extension to HTML5.1 for rollup captions

From: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2013 01:18:42 -0800
Cc: David Singer <singer@apple.com>, Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>, public-html <public-html@w3.org>
To: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>

On Mar 5, 2013, at 3:37 PM, Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com> wrote:

> > These seem to be settling nicely, so once the editor transition is over, indeed an FSA is indicated.
>
> Then I suggest we wait for the Final Specification Agreement to be done BEFORE we take up this discussion in the HTML WG.  That is how I believe the CG to WG transition process is supposed to work.

The proposal Silvia is making is not part of the WebVTT specification or contained in any Text Tracks Community Group spec. It's just a proposal for a change to the HTML TextTrack API, that would work with a separate proposed WebVTT feature. So I don't think there is any need to gate Silvia's HTML proposal on an FSA for WebVTT.

Regards,
Maciej