Re: Proposed extension to HTML5.1 for rollup captions

On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 6:17 PM, Silvia Pfeiffer
<silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>wrote:

> The feature that this change proposal is suggesting does not depend on
> WebVTT. It is simply and extension to the TextTrack API so it is possible
> to fulfill FCC requirements for online video captions in the browser.
> WebVTT will build on top of it and I would recommend TTML to also build on
> top of it. But it does not depend on WebVTT having the same feature
> implemented. In fact, it is the other way around where the TextTrack API
> provides functionality that both WebVTT and TTML can build on.

At a minimum, the TTWG will need to review this proposal in technical depth
to determine if TTML can build on it or if there are impedance mismatches
that need to be resolved.

I'm not aware yet of any liaison activity between the CG and the TTWG to
request or initiate such a review.